Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Husband Tag...it just might be the best kind!

K so I'm not as fast as Jennica and its taken me a couple days to get this posted, but here ya go...


1. Where did you meet? Blake and I met in the Singles Ward in Denver, CO. LAME I know! Maybe it will sound a little better to know that it was actually at a party that we very first met. If you ask Blake he will tell you that I hinted for him to ask me out because I asked if he had seen Napolean Dynamite yet and when he said no I suggested we get a group together to go. I really just wanted to see the movie, but it turned out to be much more... the beginning of the end (of our dating lives that is!)

2. How long did you date before you were married? Hmmm... I dunno if I want to admit this... Blake and I only dated 2 and a half months before he asked me to marry him and then only waited 2 more months to get married. I guess by LDS standards that really is pretty normal, but at the time we got a lot of grief from our non-mormon friends about it. Ah well, when you know you know and I stand by that!

3.How long have you been married? We've had 3 yrs and 8 mos of nothing but pure marital bliss. Hahahahahaha!!! The 3 yrs and 8 mos part is true but is there such a thing as "pure marital bliss"??? All I can say is we've laughed, we've cried and we've grown a ton! I wouldn't change a thing! I love you honey!

4. What does he do that surprises you? It's hard to pinpoint just one thing because Blake tries really hard to do nice things for me almost on a daily basis. One thing that stands out in my mind is that Blake is a great help around the house. For the most part I really don't have to even ask him to help me and he does it. There are those times though that I ask him to help and he gripes a little so I think that I'm gonna have to do it but when I go to do whatever it is it's already done, that's always such a pleasant and happy surprise for me!

5.What is your favorite feature of his? I absolutely love his eyes and hands! His eyes are the prettiest shade of green, I could just stare into them all day long. And his hands are just plain and simply man hands. I don't really know how to explain them more than that, either you get it or you don't :)

6.What is your favorite quality of his?
Blake is super supportive of me doing whatever makes me happy. Whether that is going out on a girls night or dying my hair JET BLACK haha. If ever I have plans to go do something he always is laid back and cool about it. He never gives me grief whereas I always give him grief. Sorry honey, I'm workin on it!

7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Blake calls me "Mere" (mair) almost always. I had a friend at the time that we were dating who started calling me that and it just has stuck I guess. I'm not sure if that counts as a nickname so as you can probably tell we call each other Honey a lot. Babe/Baby too.

8. What is his favorite color?
K so I feel like a horrible wife but I don't really know. Like Jennica said it's not something that really matters after elementary school so I don't know that I've ever actually noted a preference. I do know this, his favorite eye color is Brown... which is actually probably one of the main reasons I snagged him. You'll have to ask him to tell you the story! (which I will inevitabley end up retelling because recalling facts is not one of Blake's great qualities!)

9.What is his favorite food? I'm not sure if this counts as food but he definitely treats it like it is. Blakes LOVES Coke...well any kind of sugary carbonated drink really. I think if the calories were enough to sustain him and stay full he would live on Coke alone.

10.What is his favorite sport? He's not super into playing sports (I think he had a bad experience when he was a kid which included a swift kick and his cupless you-know-whats). So playing sports is out, but he likes to to watch most things, mostly Football.

11. When and Where was your first kiss? Neither one of us is really known for our patience or self-control. So in holding true to our impatient manner our first kiss was on my couch at the end of our first date... I guess it was good that it was at the end instead of the beginning atleast right!!


12. What do you like to do together?
Blake and I have a great time together and as such do pretty much anything and everything together. I have to admit that I'm a big TV watcher which I totally converted him into as well. So at night after the kids are asleep we will watch our favorite shows like The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and any and every kind of reality show. There's something great about snuggling on the couch and laughing at your favorite funny shows together. As a side note I can tell you what we don't like to do together! Grocery
Shopping!!! He can walk into the store and be in and out in 30 min flat. Which I found out later is because he just grabs whatever he sees first that somewhat resembles what I had written on the shopping list. No matter what brand, price, size or actual flavor I requested, he just grabs it and goes. I on the other hand do not take 30 min. So it absolutely drives him crazy to go with me and watch me analyze every little thing i put in the cart. He doesn't understand what the holdup is... MEN!! He stays home now when it's time to go grocery shopping which is perfectly fine with me!


13. Do you have any children? Um.. have you seen the inside of my house lately?!? Yes we have children! Despite the mess, we love them to no end. Our oldest is Spencer who is actually mine from a previous marriage. Though if he didn't look absolutely nothing like Blake you would never know the difference. Blake has from day one treated Spencer as his own, which I'm sure you can see why he stole my heart in the first place. Spencer is a sweet sweet boy! He is loving and kind and sensitive and extremely compassionate. Next is Tyler who is definitely in his terrible twos! I love him to death which is why I can say that he drives me crazy more than half the time! With that said he really is a good little boy. He never puts up a fight at bed time and is just starting to say " I love you Mommy" which warms the deepest corners of my heart! Brooklyn is our youngest and she is our precious beautiful little princess. She makes me laugh almost on an hourly basis. She always has a smile on her face no matter what is going on. If you ask Blake who his favorite child is, he will hands down without shame say Brooklyn. He loves his daughter more than anything and knows his boys wouldn't be offended if they knew it. Wouldn't life be easier if us girls could think like men do!


14. Does he have a hidden talent? Blake has many obscure talents. He can make balloon animals which is an absolute hit at any activity having to do with my nieces and nephews. He can play the accordian (or used to be able to anyway). He's not a great piano player but can pick out most songs without ever having taken piano lessons. And he probably doesn't want me to tell people this but he's an excellent bowler. Seriously, he does the leg sweeping thing when he bowls which to me was always a sign of someone who knew what they were doing. Or atleast didn't just go up and chuck the ball down the lane like I do.

15. How old is he? He's 25 (he's actually 6 mos younger than I am..which you better believe I remind him of often haha!)


16. Who said I love you first? Honestly I don't remember but I would bet my life that he said it first. He just loves me so much, why wouldn't he have!

17. What is his favorite type of music? Blake pretty much likes everything even COUNTRY! Simmer down, I like country too I just made it big and bold for dramatic effect because country seems to always be the one genre that ends up on peoples "except" list.

18. What do you admire most about him? Blake is just a good, good man! He helps me constantly and I can honestly say that he's my other half. If I'm not available to do something, people know that they can ask Blake to do it because he's always willing. I love that he's never worried what people think about him, whereas i am constantly worrying about that! He loves me for who I am and is always telling me how beautiful I am.. even when he comes home and I haven't showered and look disgusting he still says I'm beautiful! Which also means that he's an excellent liar! I consider myself extremely lucky to have found him!

19. Do you think he will read this? Yes, only because I'm gonna make him read it because I spent all day writing it and it's packed full of nice things about him! Love you honey!

I tag Jill, Heidi, Toby and Char :)

8 comments:

Heidi said...

We are so going bowling! I am SOOO good - I bet I can kick his butt without even trying!

Charlene Roberts said...

Wow, I will take your tag. It looks like it took some time to draft this up. Great questions and really takes one down memory lane. Love you! Stephen and I really enjoy our hang out time with you and Blake. You're sure fun to hang out with! I'll get back to you in a few days with my reply.

Lyns said...

That was too cute to read! You guys seem like such a cute couple! After we went with you guys today I had to come and find your blog! LOL! Thanks for letting us tag along, we had a great time!

jill said...

I finally finished reading that hour long post about Blake! J/K I thought it was really cute, what a great husband!! I noticed you tagged me, it might take awhile for me to get it up!!

Jennica said...

YEah! Thanks for doing this post...it was my secret way of getting to know you guys a little better!!! Sorry if it took you forever to do (it took me way TOO long too...I type slow). But this will be fun to look back on someday, right!?! I like how you incorporated the pics too...adds a nice touch. I hope Blake doesn't mind all us girls knowing how amazing he is. =) You guys are too cute!

Kimmers said...

Hey there. Sorry it took me so long to post, I just got done reading!! LOL So you are going to have to put up with me a lot more now as your visiting teacher!!!! HAHAHAHA......
Love ya

Heidi said...

Love your new colors! Looks great. I'm going to work on mine now. Glad to see your counter thingie doing better too!

Meredith said...

ya i figured even though it felt nice to think that 5000 people were visiting my blog each day, I better fix it :(